Passer au contenu principal

Sexual Harassment

Sexual harassment is a subject that as been more talk about over the last years, but what we often don't talk enough about is the difference between sexual harassment and flirtation. When I worked on a movie production a few years ago, one of my coworkers was sexually assaulted. The two of them started flirting, they seem to have a mutual attraction, but then the flirtation became more persistent which made my coworker uncomfortable. She dreaded him, he started saying mean thing to her. When my friended told me this, I told her that she was a recipient of an act of sexual assault, and she should talk to the human resources. She told me she couldn't because she dreaded him and deterred her from saying anything by threatening her. His misconduct toward her was known by other coworkers and reported to the human resources and fired him because it seems he flirted with multiple people, and they also dread him. He was finally arrested has a perpetrator.

Commentaires

Messages les plus consultés de ce blogue

Doing Well at School

Doing well at school, for me, is not by achieving straight A’s but about putting the effort into my studies and homework. I used not to be good at organizing my time, but time management helped me to stay consistent in my work by trying to structure the hours of work I want to put in for each class. Sometimes, it was hard for me to pull off good grades because I had to jungle with going to school and having a student job. It can be maddening at times because I must work thoroughly to hand in good work. Though, I still try to be thoughtful about my homework and projects, to be able to have the maximum points. Sometime procrastination come in the way of my achievement because I didn't have enough energy to do my work or I push it for later. I know that time managing your work is important because it helps me pulled off my work in my other session.

Office Politics

When I first started at my new job, just after I finish college, no one had told me about the office politics. As a new employer, who wanted to make friends I got sucked up in the gossip. My coworkers were undermining the work of other colleague. Later one I got informed that they started undermined me and my word because I hindered a work late because one of them withholds that our boss wanted our work handed at the end of the week. At first, I didn't understand why they were hindering information from me, but I found out that they were competing for a promotion. I asked myself what can I do, so I don't get sucked up in the negative work environment? I decided to ask one of my colleagues who became mentor to me. She told me to document the reunions, my work and what my colleagues says, so I don't hinder false information. More often than not try to stay out of the office drama and be professional.

On the Job Training

When I first started at a job, my boss told me that I would have an On the Job Training or has they call it OJT. I would be trained by another coworker and since I am new to this enterprise it is normal that I become a trainee first. Julie showed me the ins-and-out of the job. She also told me that I would be heard a certain wage for my work and also for this formation. However, there was some drawback I thought that my trainer was not very happy to show me around, and I think she told me some bias about the work environment and their boss.